Episode 8 :: How to ask for help
Kevin Braddock is the founder of Torchlight, a project that is all about how to ask for help. Kevin has over 20 years experience in print media as writer and editor and has worked for GQ, Esquire, The Face and The Guardian. I read Kevin’s story in the Observer a few months ago and I was moved to tears. The article: ‘Man Down’ is both a personal account and a wake-up call about men’s experience of mental health. Kevin’s story is one of incredible resilience, tenacity and compassion both for himself and now for others through his work with Torchlight.
- Men and self-doubt, anxiety, depression and why it’s so hard to ask for help.
- Growing up in the 70s and 80s with self-doubt.
- Kevin’s experience of depression leading to him asking for help.
- The small daily actions and thoughts that helped Kevin recover – now available for you as Practice Cards.
- Fire gazing – how storytelling helps and heals.
- How to support a loved one living with depression.
- Torchlight’s Crowdfunding page – go support this amazing project!
- Man Down – Kevin’s article for the Observer.
- Torchlight System – tools for recovery.
- The Red Tent movement (and an article by the fabulous Cathy Bussey about what to expect).
Hello, I'm Sas Petherick. I'm a self-doubt researcher, coach and podcaster who helps thinking humans transcend self-doubt. If you'd like to receive episodes in your inbox please subscribe here (with bonus info and first notice of opportunities to work with me). PS: I totally ♥ Instagram - join me there?