Episode 4 :: The secrets and lies of feeling like an Imposter
If you’ve ever walked into a meeting, or a networking event, or even a neighbour’s BBQ and felt the belly churning dread that at some point everyone here is going to find out who you really are, this episode is just for you. We are talking about the secrets and lies of feeling like an imposter. This is one of the more insidious aspects of self-doubt – this sense that underneath everything you are a fraud and you are just waiting to be found out. In this episode, we talk about where this concept first arose, the misconceptions of it, and I share a process you can apply straight away to begin to shift your approach to feeling like an imposter.
- The original research about the Imposter Complex.
- The built-in paradox of feeling like an Imposter that keeps us silent.
- Why being reassured doesn’t help.
- How the media have skewed studies into feeling like an imposter.
- Why success makes no difference!
- A process to begin to shift your approach to feeling like an imposter.
- Episode worksheet: download here.
- My group coaching programme: Your Self-belief Map: how to navigate through Self-doubt
Hello, I'm Sas Petherick. I'm a self-doubt researcher, coach and podcaster who helps thinking humans transcend self-doubt. If you'd like to receive episodes in your inbox please subscribe here (with bonus info and first notice of opportunities to work with me). PS: I totally ♥ Instagram - join me there?