For some of us, discovering coaching
was like coming home.
Coaching is our thing. This is the way we contribute to humanity, and sessions
leave us feeling just as expanded as our beloved clients.
However. As you’ve probably found, creating a successful and sustainable
coaching practice, requires you to wrap a Proper Business around your purpose.
Which was probably when your self-doubt showed up.
The process of working it all out can feel overwhelming.
It usually starts with not knowing how to find clients, and then not knowing if you can help them.
When you learn there are a squillion other coaches out there you might feel a bit defeated. And late to the party.
You might begin to doubt that you’re even a coach, because you aren’t doing much coaching.
This can all leave you watching enviously from the sidelines, unsure of how to show up. Considering another certification. Waiting. It can feel really bloody lonely.
Fire Monkeys Mentoring Group is a complete framework, just for coaches.
During our six-month programme, you’ll gain a deep understanding of your specific flavour of this work and the transformation you help your clients make.
Your values-led, needs-based coaching practice will help you create sustainability and success on your terms.
And because a strategy is only useful if you can apply it, we will focus specifically on your self-doubt.
If you are looking for compassionate support and mentoring expertise to do this your way, Fire Monkeys is for you.
Embody the flame (not the moth).
Trust, accept and believe in yourself, your voice and your coaching mission.
Ignite the spark of possibility in your coaching clients.
Step up. Take risks. Burn bright.
Curious, empathic, innovative.
Mission-focussed and mischievous.
Learns through constant experimentation. Cultivates tenacity, resilience and grit.
Thrives in a safe, generous community.
The first cohort of coaches went through this programme in 2016, the year of the Fire Monkey, providing the perfect metaphor for this process!
A comprehensive, thoughtful and effective mentoring programme:
You’ll build your coaching practice organically, rooted in the unique combination of your personality, experience and values.
What matters to you will be ‘baked in’ to how you market, sell, enrol clients and the systems, policies and processes you choose to support your work.
We’ll explore the ways your self-doubt protects you from failure and disappointment; from accessing your voice and your power.
You’ll understand what you need, so you can keep showing up for your business, your clients and your self.
We’ll meet in live weekly workshops three times a month. You’ll make meaningful, tangible progress.
You’ll have a week each month to integrate, reflect, catch up. You won’t get behind, you won’t quit on yourself.
And you’ll be an important member of a troop of thoughtful coaches: you’ll be fully supported during the shitawful moments, and celebrated on the shiny days of win.
You don’t have to do this alone.
Fire Monkeys includes:
A comprehensive proven programme with step-by-step guidance for how to establish, build and grow your coaching business.
Leadership through experimentation. You’ll be supported to play with new ways of showing up as a coach, business owner and human, with a spirit of trying it out and seeing what happens. This is about having some fun, trusting your clients and treating yourself with kindness.
Optional Mentoring Sessions. If you want dedicated help to untangle and make sense of what is unfolding for you. We’ll look at your coaching practice, your business evolution as well as the stuff that comes up as a complex, nuanced human. Six sessions, just you and me.
20 modules covering the whole shebang! Designed to help you take consistent, meaningful action, you’ll find out what happens when you keep showing up to your coaching work. Your commitment to a few hours a week will see you make tangible progress. You won’t get behind, you won’t quit on yourself.
Multi-media learning. Each module is comprised of written material, audio lessons, an interactive Workbook with templates, worksheets, scripts and checklists. You’ll be able to work through the material in whatever way suits you.
Hand-picked Experts. Original interviews with brilliant teachers and the smartest, heart-centred, successful coaches I know. Each brings a deep and rich expertise experience and realness. The stories, learnings and insights they share are invaluable.
3 *LIVE* 60-90 minute Group Calls each month. We’ll get together to go through the material (becasue self-paced learning works for hardly anyone). After three weeks of momentum, we’ll have an integration week where you can reflect, refine and catch-up.
Private discussion forum. Our safe and supportive community is separate from all other social media. You’ll be able to ask for feedback, find accountability partners, celebrate wins and find help to get unstuck. We are all navigating this path together.
Bonus materials. Including the super helpful ‘Client Capacitiser’ for calculating your rates to match your capacity, the books I recommend every coach reads, and my Little Black Book (a tonne of handy free tools, and really bloody useful links that will make everything easier).
2018 Programme Schedule:
We’ll open our circle on Monday, January 29th 2018
In our first call together, we’ll make our introductions, share our intentions and agree our commitments to our work, the Group and ourselves. We’ll dive into the two Foundation modules for this work: Your Values and Your Flavour of Coaching.
You’ll have six months of personal and supportive accountability.
Each Module will be published at 6am on Friday (beginning Friday 2nd February)
Group calls will be on Mondays at 8pm GMT (beginning Monday 5th of February)
After three Modules, we will have an integration week with no group call.
Week 1: Who are you Being?
The first Modules of each month are about exploring how you are showing up to your coaching business, your clients, yourself.
These Modules encourage self-reflection and help to establish your approach.
Week 2+3: What are you Doing?
In the second and third weeks, we will go through actionable material where you will be able to make tangible progress.
These Modules are about making choices in service of your clients and your coaching mission.
Week 4: Integration
In the final week of each month, there will be time for integrating with no group call.
You’ll have a chance to deepen your learning, review where you are, or simply catch up.
On 23rd of July 2018, our circle will close with shared learnings, celebrations and renewed intentions for the next part of your coaching journey.
Fire Monkeys Curriculum:
PRE-WORK :: YOUR FOUNDATION
- Before Fire Monkeys 2018 gets officially underway, you’ll have time to complete the first two Modules of the programme. These serve as the Foundation of your coaching practice:
- 1. Your Values and
- 2. Your Flavour of Coaching.
- You’ll drop deep into a tried-and-tested somatic method to create your foundation.
- You’ll also discover how so many coaches set themselves up for failure right from the start, and exactly how to avoid this in your business.
FEBRUARY :: CULTIVATING SELF-BELIEF
3: How to cultivate Self-belief
- We’ll start the programme with an exploration of your lived experience of self-doubt. How is this showing up in your coaching practice and your coaching business today? What purpose is your self-doubt serving?
- You’ll create a plan to gently experiment with expanding your self-belief.
4: The Research Interview Process
- The essential questions to ask to find out what your coaching clients want (including what your clients are ready to pay for and exactly where to spend your marketing efforts).
- Uncover the real reason no one is buying your coaching services (it’s nothing to do with your rates or your experience).
5: How to Map Your Coaching Client’s Transformation
- How to tap into your empathy to deeply understand and be of service to your clients.
- How this deceptively simple process helps create all of your future marketing collateral.
MARCH :: VOICE AND VISIBILITY
6: What you stand for and who you serve
- We’ll explore one of the key responses to self-doubt: hiding. Being visible can feel vulnerable, it can look like: watching and waiting (until we have it perfect), feeling reluctant to ever use the word ‘coach’ and holding back from marketing.
- We’ll build on your foundation to help you start coaching (even if you have no clients, and no website).
7: How to Create a Website That Totally Resonates With Your People
- The three unique-to-you energetic elements that create the ‘X Factor’ for your site (that are nothing to do with fancy design).
- Exactly what to do when people aren’t visiting your site (including a proven process for creating a six-month plan to get visible in front of your ideal clients).
8: The Four Page Website Formula
- The four key pages you need on your website and how to write each page for your ideal client.
- The page that most coaches overlook, that has led to dozens of clients booking with me (and exactly what to write to encourage this on your site).
- The 10 questions to ask before you create or refresh your website that will save you money, time and energy.
APRIL :: MOMENTUM, CONSISTENCY, ENERGY
9: Momentum, Consistency, Energy
We’ll explore what you need to take meaningful action consistently (this is the key to building a sustainable business):
- The Space of your business – understanding the five parts that make up your business circle. We’ll identify and explore the resistance blocking your circle, and the conditions you need to have in place to get back into flow.
- What you do with your Time – we are also looking at how you want to plan out your typical week – so that you can consistently show up in the five areas of your business.
10: Your Bountiful Blog
- A road-tested process for generating your next six months’ blog posts in one afternoon!
- Three ways to use your blog to effectively market your coaching offers (without ever using the word ‘sales’).
11: How to Start Conversations With Your People: Driving Traffic, Creating Value and Building Subscribers
- The three conversations that are the secret to the sustainability of your coaching business.
- What to do when people un-subscribe, un-follow and de-friend.
- Exactly how to set up your Subscribers and the essential conversations that will help you develop a relationship with your future clients.
MAY :: CREATING STRATEGIC SUSTAINABILITY
12: How to Elegantly Package, Name and Price Your Coaching Offer
- Using the basis of your Foundation, we’ll explore the concept of needs-based coaching. This month you’ll create, name and price a needs-based coaching offer, original to you and specifically designed to help your people.
- How to price your coaching offers energetically and mathematically.
13: How to Write a Magnetic Invitation Page
- The 10 elements of a compelling invitation page (and exactly how to structure and format your copy)
- The techni-magical Template that creates your formatted Magnetic Invitation Page as you go!
14: Introductory Calls & Testimonials
- The core principle of Introductory Calls that almost every coach misses (includes the complete structure and script I use in an Introductory Call that has 90% of prospective clients book with me).
- The four elements that turn bland feedback into success stories that showcase your coaching (and the #1 most powerful question to ensure testimonials lead to new client bookings).
JUNE :: AUTHENTICITY, BOUNDARIES & CONTAINERS - THE ABCs OF COACHING
15: Creating Authentic Boundaries
- Navigating the conflation of roles as Human, Coach and Business Owner. This month is an invitation to take an ‘eagle eye view’ to how you are showing up.
- Noticing the amount of energy you have is finite – becoming aware of how you are spending it and understanding where and why you might be feeling out of balance, dissatisfied or even disillusioned.
16: Your Coaching Container: the conditions for your best coaching work
- The one thing most coaches don’t know about, that can deepen and expand your capacity for excellence in your coaching work.
- Exactly how to establish your Coaching Container and bring it to life in entirely practical ways.
17: Self-reflection: the simple practice that will dramatically improve the impact of your coaching
- How your discomfort and self-doubt helps you develop your capacity as a coach (and a 5-Step process for what to do when a coaching session doesn’t go well).
- The known conditions for supported reflection that will rapidly increase your coaching development and maturity.
JULY :: PLANNING FOR SUSTAINABILITY & SUCCESS
18: How to keep yourself refreshed and engaged
- What to do to keep your business strategy evolving healthily and in a way that creates sustainability.
- How to manage All the Ideas for your next coaching offer. And what to do when you don’t have any.
19: What do success look like and how can you plan for it?
- The fulfilment and values approach to planning for and measuring success in your coaching business (what are the financial, emotional, creative and spiritual rewards you want to reach?).
- A maturity model for your coaching practice (how do you know you are developing as a coach? What does coaching mastery look and feel like?).
20: How to ride the peaks and troughs of self-employment
- How to stay energetically bonded to your work with two guided visualisations and one connection ritual.
- Three proven tools to help you stay productive, purposeful and keep moving forwards.
- My tried and tested approach for exactly what to do when it all gets too much (that I’m still learning how to master).
Writer, Coach, Speaker.
Pre-eminent Space Holder.
PR & Creativity Consultant.
Leadership Coach, Trainer, Supervisor. Minister. Author.
Writer. Forthcoming book on The Female Empowerment Lifestyle Brand.
CEO & Founder of Beautiful You Coaching Academy. Priestess.
I want to help you demystify the process
of wrapping a business around your coaching work.
Fire Monkeys will help you create a coaching practice that is rooted in your values, provides needs-based coaching offers that your clients are already looking for, and supports you to fulfil your coaching mission in a strategic and sustainable way.
Over the last seven years I’ve developed a coaching practice that is booked solid, and I regularly sell out workshops, retreats and group programmes. My work is deeply fulfilling and meaningful to me – it really does feel like play.
I’m a Certified Dr Martha Beck Coach, I’ve trained with the Coaches Training Institute, Narrative Coaching and I have an MA in Coaching and Mentoring from Oxford Brookes University. My Master’s dissertation was an in-depth study of the coach’s experience of self-doubt.
In my BC (Before Coaching) life, I was a sought-after management consultant. For almost twenty years I helped dozens of organisations and one Knighted Noble Prize Winner bring their business vision to life.
I have a unique combination of expertise and experience and enthusiasm, that I am thrilled to make available to you.
Do not hesitate to invest in Fire Monkeys – the return on investment is better than you can imagine!
As a new coach, Sas helped me to make progress in launching my new business by lovingly rescuing me from the evil web of perfection in which I was trapped.
Participating in Fire Monkeys gave me the courage to take the steps needed to stand in the world as a coach – just as I am.
The group calls were a judgement free place to be deeply heard, admit to fears, laugh, and learn that these other lovely coaches felt exactly the same as me. The honesty and vulnerability of the Fire Monkeys members helped propel me forward so much more than muddling through this all alone.
Sas gave me permission to fully be me – messy, confused, frustrated, excited – and welcomed every bit to the table.
When we began our one-on-one work I felt a bit star-struck, but just a few minutes into our first coaching call it felt as though I was catching up with a dear, old friend. My admiration for Sas has only grown, and I give her my highest recommendation as a coach and a human.Jill Tyler
Fire Monkeys has helped me step into my role as a coach and given me the self-belief I needed.
Finding like-minded coaches to work with and for support was invaluable. I was able to identify my own flavour of coaching and get comfortable with giving things a go (even if it’s not all sorted out!). I’ve realised that some things take the length of time that they take, but the progress I’ve made in a few months is incredible.
Working with Sas was a delight.
Sas stayed with me every step of the way and I so admire the way she approached everyone in the group and their very different coaching practices, with a heart centred, knowledgeable and integrity-filled way that helped light the path ahead.Allison Johnstone
The smart money is on you.
I know what its like to feel the anxious uncertainty of when or if, you can afford to invest in yourself (especially when there is a constant stream of marketing voodoo in your inbox, claiming all kinds of six-figure magic). In my experience, those promises aren’t real.
Building a sustainable, successful coaching practice takes time.
I believe there are ways of being in relationship to our work that we will continue to master throughout our business lives. The support we allow ourselves can make all the difference.
If you are in this for the long game, Fire Monkeys is a proven process for learning how to trust yourself, your voice and your coaching mission.
And if you know in your belly that this is exactly what you’ve been looking for: join us.
The Fire Monkeys Mentoring Group will run once in 2018.
We’ll begin at the end of January and work together for six months. Mentoring sessions, in addition to the main programme, are available for
six five participants.
Please note: to be eligible for a place, you must have completed a recognised coach training programme of at least 100 hours duration.
Questions? Please email me anytime – I’m so happy to talk about whatever you need to be sure this is right for you.
With deep respect for you and your coaching work,
Simply choose your payment terms and you’ll receive an invitation email with a link to the pre-work and all the programme details. You can get started today.
Please note installment payments will be taken monthly, from the day you enrol.
Disclaimer: Choosing to invest in 2018 Fire Monkeys Mentoring Group means you accept and agree that you are responsible for how you apply the programme materials. Your results are dependent on an entire suite of factors including your skills, knowledge, ability, dedication, business savvy, network, your personal financial situation, wider economic conditions, and maybe even planetary alignment. However, I wholeheartedly believe our world needs healers like you, more than ever. I’ve mentored dozens of coaches to bring their coaching practice to life, using the Fire Monkeys approach, and I will be available to support you every step of the way.
When I started working with Sas, I had one-ish client.
I now have a full coaching client load, and my doula practice is booked up for the next seven months. My mailing list has almost doubled, and I’m turning out content like a ladypreneurial badass!
I have a very tangible goal with my business. By the time my daughter starts school in September 2017, I want to have quit my day job and be working for myself full time. As the latch-key child of workaholic parents raised on after-school Oprah and homemade Nutella smoothies, I want to be waiting with (metaphorical or actual) warm chocolate chip cookies when my wee one arrives home from school.
This is about so much more than doing work I love…it’s about being the kind of Mom I want to be, and the kind of person I want to be.Jessie Harold
I could have stopped after module one and still been delighted with what I’ve learned!
Something magical happened as I worked through the material and I have found a way to relate to my coaching that feels amazing and lights me up – it means I’m creating a truly alive and vibrant space for my clients and our work together.
The foundations of a coaching practice – getting clear on who you work with, the way you work best, the boundaries and frameworks for how to create the conditions for conversations that permeate your initial calls with clients, right through to the intention behind the words on your website – these weren’t the things I was taught in coach school!
Sas has created powerful content rooted in an evidence-based approach, and a circle of professional and friendly coaches in a space where we’re all encouraged to lead and contribute.
I always come away from our group calls feeling energised, supported, and having learned something new about my coaching work. It’s brilliant!Jacqui Sjenitzer
Mentoring with Sas is like sprinkling magic into my business and life, and how she illuminates the interplay of both is downright brilliant! Sas taught me specific methods to work with my anxieties around decision making and branding. Sas has an uncanny ability to uncover where light needs to be shed.
As my business expands into international retreats, Sas taught me how to hold a larger space, in a deeper way for my clients. In my writing efforts, she taught me why it’s vital to ‘be the flame, not the moth’ and write from my soul and heart, share my unique story, be brave.
This is for any coach who wants a soulful, generous of heart, real-life wisdom approach.Jane Reeves