NB: I remember Gran telling me super-seriously that her sixties had flown by in about three and a half years *pauses for brief maths lesson* relatively of course, she was completely correct, because our perception of time shrinks as we age. Take a seven year old who experiences a year as being a seventh of his life – a relatively greater period of time than the forty year old, who is experiencing the same year as the relatively smaller, one fortieth of her life. So if it feels like the years are screaming past you: BLAME STUPID MATHS.
Anyway, here we are in April and in the absence of any kind of executive management team, I’m providing you dear reader, with a quarterly report. Executive summary: 8/10. Detailed recap:
- spent a long hot week on the Sunshine Coast bonding with my awesome five year old niece. I am now an expert at knock-knock jokes. Won a bonus point for teaching her how to dive for treasure (ok goggles) at the bottom of the pool.
- survived Jetlag Journey of Death. Just.
- negotiated part-time work with day job. Fridays are full of UNICORNS AND RAINBOWS.
- bought a Clarisonic vibrating face cleaner. Yes really. This is un-fucking-believably amazeballs. I have actually reversed the aging process; face is now a sheet of pore-less vellum. Or as Mr P remarked: ‘wow your face is so smooth and shiny. Just like a dolphin’.
- steadily increased one-to-one coaching clients including a couple of gorgeous repeat customers. Was booked solid in March *praise be to Jesus dance of happy*.
- sorted out my tax returns (for the last five years), sort the services of a money coach and imagined my bank accounts as tangible things with different energies (savings account is a solid oak tree, current account is a jewelry box , Bank is Gringotts obvs). Managed to get to the end of March without having to offer sexual favours to Minister of Finance for a cash top-up. Progress!
- designed and wrote and had Minister of Finance edit (he has talents yo) the Coaching Journal for emBODYment: body peace from the inside out. Woop! Am so totes excited by it. Love Noters will get a sneaky peek preview in a couple of weeks – just sign up if you want to join the cool kids. We’ll be open for enrollment 1st of May.
- On balance I reckon I had more green veggie juice than chocolate. Maths is a bit sketchy, but I am maintaining my weight with much less effort than this time last year. This is sweet.
- On Thursday evenings, I’ve been hanging out with my Martha Beck coaching posse and learning and experimenting and growing and stuff. That thing where you find your people? That.
- Q1 entertainment loves: Nashville (I ♡ Rayna) and Grey’s (series 9, still got it), and I totally fell into Labyrinth which was on over Easter (shits all over Game of Thrones). Have started yelling ‘FFS just move on with your life!’ at Amanda from Revenge.
- I made a mixed-tape to woo in Spring, because despite my protests, Londontown remains stupidly cold. When we finally unlock Spring and I begin to complain about hay-fever, I must remember that I at least I can feel my (smooth, like a dolphin) face. Enjoy!